Friday, July 24, 2009

Stop script in wordpress

I've been facing this prob since updating the wordpress to version 2.7 or 2.8 (can't remember exactly) - which I used to manage my official makeup site, themakeups.com. The 'stop script error' occurs each time I made and publish a new post. I tried to ignore the error, but since it consume a lot of memory and heavy load (not to mention hangs my browser), especially when I'm doing 'mass update' for all the latest job I've got, then I started to seek for the solution. Refer here : http://wordpress.org/support/topic/206177

Original post was by Craig Childs, many thanks to him. And just in case the link will expire, the solution is as below:

What was happening was when the Write>Post screen was opened, it would sit then eventually throw up an unresponsive script error which stemmed from: /wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js

It essentially rendered the Wordpress admin useless unless you wrote a draft elsewhere, such as an external blog editor, and saved it as a draft - the Manage section was unaffected.

In any case, if you find yourself with the same issue, it's a simple edit of the wp-admin\edit-form-advanced.php file. Just remove this line:

$metadata = has_meta($post->ID);
list_meta($metadata);

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this useful information.
http://wofgtg.blogspot.com/.
Your brother