Face Recognition Homepage - Databases
LFWcrop Face Dataset
Psychological Image Collection at Stirling (PICS) Image Database
Resources for Face Detection
Simple steps on nose and mouth detection:
Source: From here (credits to Alan Balkany)
1. Use your existing algorithm to get the bounds of the face.
2. Replace each pixel with a number proportional to the variance in the neighborhood of that pixel. (There will be more variance in the regions of the eyes, mouth, and around the nose.)
3. Use the Open operation (Erode morphological operator followed by Dilate) to eliminate stray isolated pixels with high variance.
4. Use the Close operation (Dilate morphological operator followed by Erode) to fill in the gaps.
5. You should have four regions remaining: Two eyes, nose, and mouth.